D610 vs. 5D Mark III

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Lee Taylor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,447
Like?
If this were true Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to ron purdy, 5 months ago

ron purdy wrote:

Shooting both kits each with a 50mm, the Nikon files are by far superior in terms of metering, shadow noise, detail, great colors, etc.
Overall, the D610 files are simply take a lot less work (due to superior noise, sharpness and metering) to get them where I need them to be.

No disrespect, but if this were true, why doesn't it show up in any of the tests here or at Imaging Resource?

The resolution difference is negligible. (Sharpness is driven by lens, camera or RAW settings, and post work.)

Noise differences in RAW are also negligible, though I would say the 5D3 is ever so slightly better (I see spots in test shots where the 5D3 has a bit less chroma noise). In JPEG the 5D3 is clearly better.

Color differences are tiny in test shots, as they are between any two modern sensors.

I believe you see differences. I just don't believe they are actually due to the cameras or sensors given that carefully executed tests show no real differences.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow