Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
djp58
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000
In reply to Letsgokoulos, 11 months ago

Letsgokoulos wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

I can't insert the link here, but if you go to SAR and look at the comments under the latest A3000 article you will see the following:

@admin “I am pretty sure more of this kind of DSLR shaped E-mount cameras will come in 2014″ form Infos from your sources or it is a “felling”?

Reply (from admin): sources

Do you love Sony enough to suffer lugging around an A3000 type monster around as your next camera?

Parallax,

Although I understand and share your concern, I think your negativity is close to paranoia. The message is that there will be other DSLR shaped E-mount cameras, not that the Rangefinder shaped E-mount cameras will disappear.

There is no indication at the present time in either direction, and writing thread over thread on the matter will not change anything. Unfortunately we have to wait until Sony tells or shows us what direction they intend to take.

I personally do not think they will cancel the rangefinder shaped line, since it works so well in Europe and in Asia. But I will wait and remain positive with my existing gear.

Marc

Marc - thanks for expressing this so well.  I can't believe the number of folks on this forum who say nothing but doom & gloom when Sony goes in a direction they don't like.  I love my NEX 7 and had hoped for an RF styled FF to replace it.  While the A7R isn't my perfect camera, I'm sure for others it is the perfect (or at least nearly perfect) camera.  I'm getting one, as it still meets most of my desires in a camera (they had me at E-mount & FF).  I fully expect future offerings, both FF and apsc will come in a variety of body styles, RF as well as DSLR shaped.  I'm certainly rejoicing in the choices I'm seeing now and in the future.

David

djp58's gear list:djp58's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow