Regular MemberPosts: 149Gear list
Like?
Re: How good is 24 meg realy ?
In reply to Jim in Hudson, Nov 11, 2013

Jim in Hudson wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

Donald B wrote:

sorry Mike but couldn't hold off any longer, now explain how my test were not correct ?

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

I see 2 photos, no idea of setting but they definitely look like you tried however. I assume the right one is the K-7 and what i see is the look of false detail in the form of luminance noise... as for actual detail not much difference just more pixels per area of detail on the left side... the lighting sure looks different and the processing, you're certainly getting different colours and saturation.

This is the imaging resource mannequin indoor image. Its a doll. If you look at cameras with higher resolution you see that the right image is ... right (sic!). The plastic skin looks like that, more or less. The left image is seriously smoothed. What the skin color of this doll is, I have not the slightest idea.

Oh my! On top of that, I don't see the K-7 in their comparison database. So what cameras are these?

These crops are misleading. IR has a K-7 review, indeed, but it doesn't show up in the comparator. You can look up the K-7 review for the images. I did, and here are links to the "no flash, auto WB" images.

D7100 vs K-7

My opinion is that the D7100 shows more detail especially in the hair and the texture of the doll's skin is a close call. The D7100 looks like it's focused more on the lips than the face (thus clearer hair) while the K-7 is focused a bit back of that (thus a bit more detail on the skin but lips and hair more blurred). Perhaps this isn't the best comparison because of the slight difference in focal planes.

kyc888's gear list:kyc888's gear list
Ricoh WG-4 GPS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow