EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
toxinoz
Regular MemberPosts: 295Gear list
Like?
Re: EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?
In reply to ianbrown, Nov 11, 2013

Before deciding to spend serious money on cameras/lenses I think carefully about what I need and what the possible purchase might add to what I can achieve.

My reason for purchasing the EM1 (which I have not yet had time to properly play with) was to utilise existing 4/3 lenses available to me. My EM5 remains a highly usable (and enjoyable) camera and I am uncertain how far the EM1 will replace it.

So, personally, I think your decision to buy the EM1, then almost immediately sell it and move to the Sony A7 is foolish, ill-considered, and has not actually left you satisfied. You should have, in my opinion, stuck with the E1 for a reasonable period and see how it met your real needs. If, after such a trial period, and following favourable reviews of the A7, you considered the A7 might suit you better, then why not rent one to try it out. If that worked out well, then consider making the switch.

Of course, from a different perspective, we should thank you for helping to keep the high end camera industry going, by such profligate purchasing. The rest of us will benefit from this, especially if there are many others like you (not meant as a sarcastic comment).

-- hide signature --

J White
Olympus user since OM1

toxinoz's gear list:toxinoz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow