D610 vs. 5D Mark III

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Mikael Risedal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,016
Like?
Myth, Myth and Myth
In reply to ron purdy, 8 months ago

It is a pity that many of you don't understand the advantage of a large DR and the exposure= intact high lights, what middle grey means and the stops from middle and grey up to clipping of high lights , stops which are the same regardless you have a Canon or Nikon.

Below middle grey is the interesting part regarding DR, it means that I can with a Nikon expose shorter/less= and reproduce in high lights more far  above middle grey and later on compensate the results with lifting middle greys and shadows and also have more information from high lights down  to shadow= large DR

You can scream  yourself  blue  about exposure etc, in a comparison there are hard facts as read out noise, banding , dig down and you find it.

If we will race and I have a Porsche 911 you can not later set the roles / speed limits to 55miles/h l= you must drive correctly , in that case I can take a Ford Fiesta=compact camera

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow