Started Nov 11, 2013 | Photos thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
peckinpah
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
Re: Dreamy girl B/W
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Nov 11, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:

OK, this may come across as harsh but it just looks like she is bored and being asked to stand in the corner for the shot. The line flowing out of the top of her head is not good either. The composition really kills this shot. I know she isn't a model...probably a family member, but the slouched shoulders and expression is one of "are you done yet?" Try engaging her during the shot. Get an expression out of her. Move her to a comfortable place...ie. where she feels comfortable.

Well... point(s) taken.

For the record: she isn't posing for me to create an image I intended. It's a more or less random shot I took and the posture and lighting struck me. I cropped it down to what I saw as a right composition. I could have done better, that's what the comments teach me.

But that's what for me this forum is about: lay it down and get the feedback. Not every shot is a winner apparantly and all your comments are well spoken and underlined with good feedback. Cheers for that, I do appreciate it. And I can take a light beating as well... Nothing harsh about well funded feedback Daniel!

peckinpah's gear list:peckinpah's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow