Lakeview Man
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to Randy Benter, Nov 11, 2013

Randy Benter wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

Did a little more research.

1. Purple artifacts is either poor RAW processor or problem with your specific camera. Try the included processor and see it that eliminates the problem.

2. Skin smoothing is a "feature" of Fuji cameras and probably one reason they are so loved by portrait and wedding photographers because of their "kindness."

Fuji's "Skin Smoothing Function."

The Skin Smoothing Function is NOT a feature of Fuji cameras. It is a feature of Fuji printers (part of their Digital Lab equipment). Skin smoothing in JPEGs is the result of aggressive NR. One can minimize the issue by setting NR to -2 or process raw for complete control.

For my X100s I found even with NR to -2 the OOC Jpeg made the skin look a bit to plastic for my taste. I've stopped shooting JPEG because of that, and shoot now RAW only for all kind of pictures. I develop in Lightroom, but I sharpen the pictures in Nik Sharpener (if needed for pics with lots of detail, grass/leaves) because of the "water color" effect and loss of fine detail that Lightroom sharpening unfortuneately provides.

Haven't tested the XE2 though.

-- hide signature --
 Lakeview Man's gear list:Lakeview Man's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow