EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,227Gear list
Like?
Re: EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?
In reply to ianbrown, 10 months ago

To me A7 is not an option, because currently the new FE system does not have enough lens choices and IQ of  current m4/3 is enough for me (printing on my Epson 3800 up to A2).  I definitely prefer the design and ergonomics of the E-M1, to me a lot of controls of the A7 (incl. the shutter release) look misplaced and require a change of hand position. I probably could accept the new 4/24-70mm, but I prefer the concept of the Olympus 12-40mm with its retractable focus ring. The Sony 4/70-200mm is absolutely no go for me, due to it's very conspicuous white color, not very stealthy. I would prefer the Olympus 2.8/40-150mm, which should not be a lot bigger, if at all. I would not count that announced lenses will be available as announced. With m4/3, you know, what you can have now.

Additionally, mirrorless FF is a new category. Before I consider any heavy investment, I would wait, what other vendors will do, so that there is competition. Mirrorless FF will be financially a lot more demanding than m4/3, so that decisions should be made with care, to protect you against a wrong investment,

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow