EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,844Gear list
Like?
Re: EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?
In reply to ianbrown, 10 months ago

Maybe rather than comparing to a camera you can't try out in a store yet, you should focus on a different question. You have the E-M1, right? Do you like it? Do you like the pictures it takes? If yes, then take more pictures and improve. If you don't, sell it and get the Sony when available. I'm intrigued by the Sony but having been down this path with both the NEX-7 (not enough lenses, issues with EVF, etc...) and E-M5 (didn't like the buttons and some of the firmware issues) I'm resolved to not buying a system until I can try it. I was able to try the E-M1 before picking up the pre-order I put in for it. I love the body of this camera more than just about any camera I've had. Would I like better high ISO and more resolution? Sure. But it works pretty darn good. To be honest I still struggle with the 4:3 format, just looks wrong to me after always using 3:2. When the Sony becomes available I will try it out. My guess is that it probably won't change anything so I'll stick with the E-M1 until then at least.

Less gear and more pictures. Helps your wallet also.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow