If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,400Gear list
Like?
Re: If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?
In reply to turnstyle, 10 months ago

turnstyle wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

Zeiss announced they will be releasing a set of manual focus lenses for FF FE-mount next year. Who knows, they may release a 50mm lens with a more up-to-date result that rivals the FE 55.

But I kind of wonder -- isn't E/FE mount kind of disadvantageous in that case? That you can *only* mount it to an E/FE body -- as opposed to a lens that requires an adapter, and so can be used on several competing systems.

It will be interesting if they are just taking their existing ZF lenses and building in the e-mount.

In this case, the optics would be exactly the same, but, the communication would be a bit different.. this also means that they will just as big as a ZF/ZE lens with an adapter to e-mount. But, Fuji has indicated that they are going FF as well.. so, it may be worth the investment for Zeiss.. it would be like their Tuoit lenses in FF.

You point is very valid.. a Zeiss for Nikon or Canon has a much larger potential in the second hand market if you ever decide to sell it.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow