Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mnerik
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Help me choose a couple lenses for D3200 please
10 months ago

I want to get my wife a D3200 to replace her Panasonic G10 (Micro 4/3). I am thinking of going body only and then picking a couple of lenses. I seriously doubt she will ever want more than 2 or 3 lenses to mess about with.

For her main walking around/telephoto lens, I was thinking of the Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Zoom Lens which Adorama has for $349. Seems versatile, decent quality, and acceptable price. My other thought was to get a Nikon Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX (VR) for now (refurbed $209), and if she ends up wanting more zoom later, add a Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR ($230ish refurbed)

Then I was thinking of a 35 or perhaps 50mm prime for indoor things like parties, etc. Something along the lines of a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX which is around $200.

Or, I could just get the Costco kit for $680 with the kit  18-55 and 55-120, but what fun is that?? :)Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow