New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,659
Like?
Re: re: could you please expound a bit??
In reply to 120 to 35, 9 months ago

120 to 35 wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

...to replace the so far reigning RF-like little bricks of [former] Nex'es, but I think they are in a teeny-weeny minority, at least if this little poll can be taken as measuring correct temperatures . As all indifferent and "don't care" will fall into that last category of 7%:

What is the camera you are hoping to see in February?

• New FF A-mount - 40%, 2,658 Votes
  • New NEX-7 alike FF E-mount - 29%, 1,979 Votes
  • New APS-C A-mount - 22%, 1,510 Votes
  • NEX-7 upgrade - 22%, 1,480 Votes
  • New RX2 - 8%, 564 Votes
  • New APS-C E-mount compact camera - 7%, 493 Votes

Total Voters: 6,724

Is the overall 51% asking for N7 mk-II with either FF or APS-C sensor a result which will sway Sony in favor to keep the Nex-like form factor alive?

Perhaps not, but... WHAT ELSE can we do except voicing our concerns and hopes?!!

So, I think that anyone telling the OP to shut up and go away is not only uncivil and outright vulgar, but more importantly they're doing a gross disservice to their best interest and hopes !!

jpr2

Opinion polls are always conducted on a sample of those involved. The poll is certainly not representative of new customers who do not own a Sony camera and do not visit a rumor site about Sony. It is representative of existing owners, especially those interested in new models.

I agree the existing fans of RF style cameras should make their views heard, repeatedly if necessary, in a positive way. I recall you have done this positively on a few occasions.

But when some of the posts look completely anti-Sony they are harming the "campaign" if there is one.

In recent weeks I have commented on some of those opinion threads with a more positive view about the prospects of E-mount cameras. Many others have done the same. But it seems negative posters are not really interested in other users opinions and repeat the harmful anti-Sony message whenever there is an opportunity.

So I no longer believe them when they say they are concerned about themselves and us as users.

in which way voicing these concerns can be seen as "negative"?

After all it is Sony decision makers & marketing who are committing a PR suicide by keeping mum, while a single reassurance: "yes, we're going to continue with NEX-like form factor" (even if delivered in entirely off-hand manner in some interview or other) would suffice to appease all such fears

jpr2

You asked if I could expound a bit in which way voicing these concerns can be seen as negative.

An example of a positive way to express our concerns is like: "Sony, we like the shape of our cameras and plan to buy an upgrade. So we are looking forward to an upgrade shaped like this with these enhancements [ long list of suggestions here ] next year."

That was tried... a number of positive comments were put on the A7 blog asking for a confirmation of what the discontinuation of the NEX product name actually meant and whether there would be continuity of products in the future alpha range

There was no response!

The negative way is like "Because you didn't tell us about the models that you have not yet announced, we think you are abandoning your loyal users. People don't trust you etc."

Well, to be honest they've already done exactly that in the A-mount range on several occasions

A company with a correct customer realtionship model would attempt to sooth user concerns and issue re-assurances. In Sony's case they just said "by the way we've dropped the NEX product name and everything will be called Alpha in future" and have organised an interview with the A7 product manager in which the only thing he talked about was 'change'... hardly reassuring!

Why should the customers (who are have paid Sony for these products) need to go cap in hand to Sony to find out what is happening with the product range that they bought into and that is announced as discontinued?

Regarding the second point you made, I think we shouldn't judge until the next round of actual E-mount model announcements. In the meantime we shall continue to voice our preferences positively.

The problem is that many of the people here are simply in denial... look at the first few responses to this thread. They people replying simply don't believe that it is possible that Sony can change the style of their E-mount cameras and are totally convinced that new Rangefinder bodies will be released next year

Sony will be delighted to hear this, or should I say the guys in Sony who have decided to change the body style will be delighted to hear this as it means that they can get their promotions and then leave the next poor unfortunate guys to handle the sh*t-storm when the existing customers finally wake up to the fact that their product range has been cancelled!

Nobody will hear your positively voiced preferenes because the only interpretation of 'positivity' will be happiness with the current situation of NEX cancellation to be replaced by A3000 and A7 series bodies

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow