New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,656Gear list
Like?
Re: re: as the "old" Nex-7 amply attested the faux-pentaprim hump...
In reply to captura, 9 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

GXRuser wrote:

well, I am hoping for an A5 with an APS-C sensor in a A7 sized body... much thinner than the a3000 body.

...is neither necessary for a RF-like APS-C E-mount body (both APS-C sensor and EVF can be easily fitted into the small N7 body, and no humps are necessary), nor desirable:

it will only make the whole larger, but nothing will be gained

jpr2

Which is why I find these ideas about Sony not continuing with RF form as being wild imaginations of a few much less with the frequency we see threads created on the subject.

well, few months ago - if you'd tell us that S. are going to release an ugly monstrosity, full of empty space filled with air but containing exactly the same components as N3, with perhaps some tiny improvements here and there but also compromising some other components - in the form of a3k, than in all probability everyone would paint you as a stark raving-mad lunatic

Correct. And interestingly, the A model you are referring to was nearly identical in features and operation to the minimalist NEX-3N. It would have been so easy to take the 3N guts (with better sensor) and drop them into that ugly blob body. But no, ALL the components came from other sectors of the Sony parts bin.

Why? I propose that the NEX design team being LONG-DISBANDED, they used a different design team, maybe the Alpha team, to design/assemble this new model from the PARTS WHICH THEY WERE ALREADY FAMILIAR WITH!

and yet... it is a fact = the a3k is here, the Nex name is no more, and so far nothing in the RF-form... is even rumored

jpr2

NEX has been an alpha product since day one. What Sony appears to be doing now is making Cybershot and Alpha divisions work together more as a team. And A7 is reflects that: combines design attributed from Alpha NEX body (NEX-6/7) and Cybershot RX1. The JPEG engine and user interface also Shows a combination of the two.

I don't see why many of you feel A7 resembles A3000 but not NEX form.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow