Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
photohp
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
Re: The meaning of...
In reply to PixelMover, 8 months ago

PixelMover wrote:

photohp wrote:

You logic is all wrong. "Putting your money were your mouth is" means buying it or not buying.

-- hide signature --

This is not a signature

Incorrect. The phrase 'to put one's money where one's mouth is has nothing to do with wallets and shopping.

It means to back up your wild claims with actions to show you can deliver on them.

My post was about people who openly claim to know better than Nikon, who claim they are better desgners, managers, developers, marketers. To them I said, show me what you can do.

It originated from people making wild boasts and claims and people then betting their own money against them on being able to show that they could actually deliver on those claims. In that contrext, my use of the idiom was correct.

It is easy to declare superiority from behind a keyboard, but how about proving it?

-- hide signature --

Take pictures like Jiro makes Sushi.

No mate, you go it wrong. As I said in this case the way this saying applies is for those who support it to buy it and prove that is a good camera, and for those who do, use something else to show the opposite.

-- hide signature --

This is not a signature

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow