20MP vs. 20MP - comparing my 6D vs. 70D:

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Just another Canon shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,965Gear list
Like?
Re: Caerolle...
In reply to Dave Luttmann, 8 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Interesting. I can read the fine print on the blue sign from the EX1......but he same text falls apart on the 6D. I didn't expect that. Previous samples I've worked with showed the resolution to be about the same. That said, based upon this sample, I don't see the 6D blowing away the Fuji....if anything, with a bit of post, both would be just the same on a large print....with the rez advantage going to the Fuji.

I always liked your sense of humor.

First, the Fuji shot is terribly over-sharpened. You see awful artifacts, and the sensor has a lot to do with that.

If you want a well done comparison, you do not need to look further than this site. They tested in the most favorable conditions for the smaller formats - at the sharpest apertures. Still, the difference is clear.

Here, here and here, there is no need to guess. Here you may say - the Fuji resolves diagonal lines that the 5D3 cannot. But then you look at the D800 or the PhaseOne - oops, there are diagonal lines, but they have a different direction! What Fuji "resolves" is false detail, thanks to its voodoo sensor. Speaking about text, here it is.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Samsung Galaxy S III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow