Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ragspix
Contributing MemberPosts: 692Gear list
Like?
Re: Not again, what?
In reply to Leif Goodwin, 11 months ago

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Hulamike wrote:

Says the man whose country is ruled by a medieval queen.

Actually she is only a figurehead with ceremonial duties and no real power.

All Britain did was pass the mantle to the United States. I just wish we could dish it off to someone else, maybe China. Let them police the world for a change.

The conceit of Americans that they police the world is no more than a cover for naked self interest. It is an absurd distortion of reality.

True, the alternative is we could try to come in and take over the country like western Europe used to do - UK included

You happily support oppressive regimes when it suits you. You only entered WW2 when Germany and Japan declared war on you,

True, there were a lot of US "isolationists" who didn't want to get involved

and would have been happy to see Britain and Europe fall to the Nazis.

that's fugging untrue as I recall - I was there ...

And in the meantime the American economy was booming selling weapons to us.

US had gas rationing food was in very short supply (the economy was not booming) and Americans sent sons to die on a foreign soil (I lost my godfather) using money invested in war bonds by my parents and others, you fugging ingrate...

We were no better of course, invading Africa under the pretext that Africans were not civilised enough to look after themselves.

It had nothing to do with civilized, it was exploiting their resources. After '45 the colonizing nations had guilty feelings and freed their colonies and part of the payment was relaxed immigration towards the colonized - who now are large minorities in western Europe. Some of these minorities as you know have changed the cultures in some areas and have taken political control.

Hmmm...... chickens coming home to roost?

It will be China's turn next to exercise power.

-- hide signature --

Yup, you pushed my hot button

Rags

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
????New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow