"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699
Like?
I am not selling my Nikon Gear ... yet.
In reply to bigpigbig, 9 months ago

I am one of those Nikon diehards who has been holding out for what seems like eons waiting for the mythical D400. I bought into Nikon DSLRs back in the DX heyday when Nikon was telling the world that they would be supporting DX. In addition to my D2x, D300, I bought a number of rather expensive DX lenses, 10mm, 12-24mm, 18-55mm along with the 70-200 and 200-400 and several teleconverters and a couple of T&S lenses which will all work with an FX camera.

For me to move to FX, I will have to pay a minimum FX lens tax of $3883.90 to buy the 14-24 and 24-70 to keep the same capability as I now have. At that price it matters little if I buy a 610, 800 or Df the body price is swamped by the lens tax.

Either the D800 or Df will run around $2750 to 2800 or so. For that money I can buy an X-E2, 18-55, 55-200 and either a 14mm or the new 10-24 and still be almost $4000 to the good by not paying the FX lens tax. So from where I sit, I might as well keep my Nikon lenses and bodies in the hope that one day Nikon might decided to support their long suffering DX pro base.

I am making a wild guess that after the 1st of the year Fujifilm might be offering some sort of lens discount packages to help me move into the Fujifilm system.

My little X100 has been a game changer for me. I haven't been using my Nikons for sometime now. Life moves on!

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow