If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
djp58
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?
In reply to turnstyle, Nov 11, 2013

turnstyle wrote:

areichow wrote:

If you prefer manual focus, why not go for one of the many great cheaper options? A bunch of fast 45-50mm Zeiss MF lenses you can adapt that cost a lot less.

Thanks,

I suppose I'm somewhat mislead by the term "legacy glass" -- as my thinking has been most people are mounting lenses they *already have*.

Is it common for people to purchase manual focus lenses, specifically for use on NEX (eg, not because you already have the lens, or another system)?

Most of my 50+ legacy lenses were acquired after my NEX system (started with NEX3 three years ago, now have NEX7 and will get A7R next month).  I bought into the NEX system primarily to use my Contax G lenses (these and 2 Minolta A-mount were my only legacy lenses at the time).  Since buying my NEX 7 two years ago, I've found that I love shooting true MF.  Have recently bought several lenses in anticipation of the new FF cameras.

David

djp58's gear list:djp58's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow