X-E2, got it, what a beast!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,771Gear list
Like?
Re: no problems with anything other than the internet...
In reply to sgoldswo, 10 months ago

sgoldswo wrote:

barba wrote:

How about pics @ ISO 6400, are they usable?

I'm worried after reading this thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3573583

It seems to be quite some problems with skintones in specific. Have you guys who own the X-E2 experienced anything like that?

I haven't seen the kind of effects referenced in the other thread at all, I've been incredibly impressed by the image quality from the camera which is peerless at an APS-C sensor size, but LR 5.3 RC produces screwy skin tones with RAW files from the E-M1 and E-P5 too so anything is possible.

In honesty, there is always this kind of noise around a major camera release. Mud gets thrown. Some of it sticks. This doesn't strike me as anything other than an issue with a beta version of LR

I agree.  People complaining about seeing noise at 25,000 iso need a reality check.  I routinely worked on wedding photos from reception at 6400 iso from a 7D....and the Fuji is far, far better.  That said, I never have had anyone complain about noise or grain in a photo.....not during my entire 23 years photographing weddings.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow