Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 295
Like?
Tripod Confusion
11 months ago

I am hoping someone can help me find a suitable budget friendly tripod that is available to buy in the UK. I am a bit confused by all the options. I don't use a tripod often as I tend to take a lot of photos on hill walks and don't always find it practical to start setting up a tripod. I do have a half sized velbon tripod which holds my camera well enough but have found it a little limiting at times. Yesterday I was in a tight muddy spot and having to bend down and try to look at the screen and set the camera up after each shot was rather frustrating.

Can a decent enough full sized tripod be hand for say £50-£70? I am not looking for something that will hold up against strong winds but at the same time I don't want to it feel so fragile it will topple at the most gentle of breeze. I have a Nikon D90 and a 16-85 and needs to be used portrait and landscape.

A couple I did find on amazon is the

Hahnel triad 60 lite or the velbon 200r sherpa. Are any of these any good or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow