Now that the K3 has been returned.. back to work with the K5 IIs

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,343Gear list
Like?
Re: Now that the K3 has been returned.. back to work with the K5 IIs
In reply to BrianC, 8 months ago

BrianC wrote:

I hope you have a book in the making! Your images are amazing and your descriptions fit perfectly.

Your patience for setting up shots is also impressive. I have a hard time setting up my tripod most times. I guess that's the difference between me and a real photographer.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Brian, the book has been in the making for the last four years... I keep shooting and wanting to add more and more.. truth is I would rather shoot than publish.  I'll get around to it one of these days.

The night photography that I do does take time and preperation but the rewards have been much greater to me than the typical landscapes I shoot during the day.  You do everything in the dark, sometimes pitch black.. you struggle with focus, shutter speed and aperture, ISO settings and a host of other issues you don't normally run into doing photography during the day.. but it's all worth it to me.. and, it allows me to shoot 24/7.

When you can't go out and shoot during the day due to work...there is always the night... but most importantly, it's fun.

Thanks for your kind words.

PS.. I hate tripods but you have to use one at night.. there is just no way around it.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow