HUGE Df Apology!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,879Gear list
Like?
Re: HUGE Df Apology!
In reply to tissunique, 9 months ago

tissunique wrote:

"That's a guess on your part. You and I do not know what the Df costs to produce. It may cost more than a D800 or less. I find the price a bit high, but that's a non-issue as my gear pays for itself over and over. Irrespective of price it's still a superior pick than a 2nd D800 for me because it adds something to the overall performance of my kit. A D600 would DECLINE the performance of my kit because the D800 is better overall and the DF bests it at high ISO. It's very simple."

Robert, how do you know it's low light performance will be the best? It takes more than a sensor to perform well under those conditions.

I know what the D4 sensor can do. I've seen it side by side with my D800 on screen and in prints. I also know the workflow advantage of smaller files that START OFF CLEAN.

I also know that the 39 point AF is excellent, more than good enough for my needs. Should I expect it to suddenly be terrible with the D4 sensor?

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow