HUGE Df Apology!

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,068Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how is it so much superior to a D610? You provide no argument to support that
In reply to lancespring, Nov 11, 2013

lancespring wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

So that's my apology. The Df is (for me) the only logical choice for a second body on the market. It ADDS something to me kit (as would a D4). A second D800 or entry level D610 does not.

Just what would the Df do for you as a second body, that the D610 would not also do just as well, for less money???

Better high ISO (and right out of camera), likely better handling, smaller files, likely better VF and so on. We've been through this. The attack on the Df is in reality a strange defense of the D610.

MY impression of the D610 is that it's a great entry level camera. I like the size, but not the handling. And I don't like the chroma noise that's visible as you push the ISO up.

Among many things, I'll be shooting Wednesday night sailboat races next season. Why would I EVER choose a D610 for that? Or use my D800?

Instead I'll use the smallest FX DSLR and have CLEAN ISO 6400 and even 12800 files with a minimum of fuss. No one has made a SINGLE valid point to counter my low light intended application for the Df.

Sorry. I've made logical points and all I hear back is that I shouldn't want advantages that someone else perceives as small for THEIR needs.

And as I've said, once the real reviews for the Df role in....we'll be hearing less from the haters and trolls.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow