Now that the K3 has been returned.. back to work with the K5 IIs

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
Re: Now that the K3 has been returned.. back to work with the K5 IIs
In reply to saralecaire, Nov 11, 2013

saralecaire wrote:

Very nicely done, the K-5 II is still the best camera for image quality among Pentax's range.

Can't really justify the $400 premium for the other novelties the K-3 is marketed to provide.

Once again let me say that the K3 is an outstanding camera.  I would not suggest that its feature set are novelties.  The AF is improved.  The continuous AF is better.  The higher resolution will be welcomed by many who print large or crop deeply.  The video is better for those who venture in that area and the dual card slots and potential for wifi is also a big plus to many.

One feature I wish they had included in the K3 would be GPS tagging of shots.  Being able to look up the location of a shot after one's memory may have faded is very valuable.  I have looked at photos I have taken several years ago and in some cases I just can't remember where I took them.  GPS tagging would be a great help in relocating those places one wishes to revisit over time.

I don't produce super large prints and until the sensor engineers figure out how to provide that higher resolution on an cropped sensor without increasing noise at higher ISO settings the 16 MP sensor will work fine for me.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow