The BEST keyboard for typing

Started Oct 31, 2007 | Discussions thread
Earthlight
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,139
Like?
Re: Royal for me (learning touch typing). ;-)
In reply to Lyle Aldridge, 8 months ago

Hi Lyle, maybe some of the stiffer mechanicals would be good for you? Unless my memory fails me there is a rather stiff mechanical switch... was it black or brown or something? Anyways, I am sure a good keyboard would alleviate the inevitable finger pains.

Keep on hammering those keyboards!

Earthlight

Lyle Aldridge wrote:

My experience was like Jim's - Royal and Underwood manual typewriters were all we had in my high school typing classroom. No "gentle float" involved. I was the only male in a class with about 35 girls (not a bad gig, well worth the dent in my "jock" rep), and by the end of the year, even the most petite of them had hands and wrists like Serena Williams.

So, I type about 75-80wpm, but have an unfortunate tendency to beat the tar out of the keyboard.

Anyone know of a board particularly suited to the heavy-handed? For the time being, I've been using an old Gateway-branded board that I found at a thrift shop. It has endured my abuse for almost two years now (several times my average), without showing the slightest signs of distress. I haven't even ground off any of the letter "A," which usually disappears in about 60 days. But I presume it, too, will someday succumb to the brutality of my right thumb.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow