To watermark or not to watermark?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,831
Like?
Example of removal
In reply to Clueless Wanderer, 11 months ago

Clueless Wanderer wrote:

I've just had a look at iStock's water marking and they have an outlined (grey outter, lighter inner) form of text. Would doing it that way make it harder for software? As it is having to deal with two layers of lightness, rather than just one.

Example of removal below using the program from softorbits. The program had a hard time with the above type of removal. I will say though, the picture of the sillouete wheat grain in front of a bright yellow out of focus bokeh ball. (the third picture in my first example) is such a simple picture, ANY photomark would be easily removed from a simple picture like that. Complex pictures like the one above with a difficult to remove watermark easily overcomes the program from soft orbits. But Softorbits program works ok on some sections of the sky and the water. Simple repeating areas like the sky or water the program or a photoshop person will easily be able to remove. The program also does batch jobs.

What I find sad is there are websites and programs that are dedicated to help people remove watermarks for what I would assume is illegal use.

http://www.softorbits.com/photo-stamp-remover/articles/remove-watermark.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow