"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"
In reply to bigpigbig, Nov 11, 2013

It's obvious that many people upgraded from P&S, m4/3rds small DSLR's and even film cameras to high end FF & APS-C systems for the improved image quality, many of those also added Pro zooms like the 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 f2.8's which result in them having a very large and heavy system, now that companies like Fuji have released cameras like the X system many of those same people are finding that they can get all of their image quality needs met by such cameras and no longer need their big and heavy DSLR's.

if those people who no longer need the DSLR kit there seems little point in them keeping it.

however, what I find utterly ridiculous is when someone says that their X-E1 plus 14, 35, 18-55 and 55-200 kit is just as good as their D800, 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 f2.8's 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 1.4, 85 1.4 and 200 f2.8, well that might be true for them but the fact is that they bought too much of the wrong gear if the first place, also there seems to be no half measure for these users, when they take their D800 out they feel that they have to take every single lens they have out with them too, which oddly enough would be quite heavy.

also the other thing I've read time and again is when someone says that they shoot much more when they are out with their X-E1 than they did with their DSLR, or that they get shoots with their X-E1 that they couldn't with their DSLR, this again might well be true but it is only a reflection of their own abilities and confidence.

The big, heavy SRL/DSLR was created for a reason and will continue long after your current cameras have been replaced by something else, sure the big and heavy DSLR market will shrink there is no question of that because people now have options available to fit their needs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow