Nikon Canada forcing Df purchase with kit lens?

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,902Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon Canada forcing Df purchase with kit lens?
In reply to digitalphotographer, Nov 11, 2013

digitalphotographer wrote:

Does anyone know why in Canada one has to buy the 50mm "special edition" lens with the Df? There are no body-only options. Does this happen in any other markets other than Canada?

According to many, the Df is already overpriced as it is, but now Nikon Canada wants to squeeze owners of existing 50mm f/1.8 lens one more time by forcing us to pay more for a lens that we already have? What's going on at Nikon Canada these days?

By the way, I really don't like the silver ring on the new special edition lens, totally destroying the new design, but that's just me. In the end, design or not, Canadians shouldn't be forced to pay for the kit if one only wants the body?

Can't answer the kit Qs.. but the silver ring is all part of the retro look. I agree though; you shouldn't be forced to buy any extras you don't want/need.

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow