How good is 24meg realy ?

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,589Gear list
Like?
Re: How good is 24 meg realy ?
In reply to Donald B, Nov 11, 2013

Hi again Don,

Sorry but trying to compare these cameras by cropped images does my head in. Crops of eyes have little to do with what I do.   I don't know what lenses were used or what conditions they were taken in. And the FLs and apertures were quite different.  I prefer the IR comparator tool.  That way I can see the same image shot by different cameras and look at the outcomes in any way I choose.

I didn't pick my K5 lightly.  I did some research  - on its feature set, the lens range, some reviews and its performance.  And I liked it.  I'm considering the A7r in the same way - no final decision made yet.

I guess another way of looking at all this is that a camera is a luxury appliance, and we buy what we like (within our budget, and perhaps a bit outside of it!).  Photography is not essential to life.  No-one needs a camera.  Even pros could do other work.  Most of the world's population can't take any photos at all.  Most that can use a phone.  And of those that have a camera, the majority have a compact.  We're all niche players in these forums.  We're not here for a long - I think I'll go with my belief structure (illusions, delusions or otherwise) and buy one I like.  It'll have a high res sensor.  There's no substitute for simply liking a camera to get you out there enjoying it.....

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow