X-Trans for commercial work

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
PenPix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,117
Like?
Re: silly indeed...
In reply to psartman, Nov 11, 2013

psartman wrote:

OK, I'll bite. I'm a long-time pro, mostly working now in fine art but still doing an occasional select editorial job. I shot an extended magazine piece this summer with a new X-Pro1 system. The European magazine was happy with the work, published in a multi-paged spread. Trust me, photo editors and art directors are not remotely interested in pixel peeping.. Unless there's an obvious visible problem they are not going to be looking at the camera and processing information in the metadata. They look at and care about pictures, not pixels. They do care about the technical quality of the photographs, but it is the photographer's job to figure out the details of how to deliver that quality. I would not be using the Fuji X system if I did not think it was up to snuff for my uses.

Agreed.  If you need that level of detail, you should not be using the Fuji X.

My work was primarily for newspaper advertising.  When digital was still relatively new,  the client would request a certain sized file as the software they were using for layout was incapable of handling large images.  I initially used a 6MP DSLR, and was resizing my files to a smaller size before submitting them.

I haven't done any pro work for 5 years now, but the Fuji X would definitely been better than anything I used before.

As you have heard often, find a tool that fits the job.  Just curious,  but I don't think you said what kind of work you intend to do with it?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow