Why no m4/3 tele converters like Nikon/Canon others?

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
CharlesTokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Re: Why no m4/3 tele converters like Nikon/Canon others?
In reply to SteveNunez, Nov 11, 2013

SteveNunez wrote:

The longest lens we have with AF is 300mm which equates to 600mm or so, limiting our ability to shoot long distances. Everything from sports to wildlife is hampered on the m4/3 platform due to this equipment omission.

I'd like a 1.4x and 2x TC just as the other shooters have available, despite the probable slight loss of light.

It's not a slight loss of light, it's a pretty major loss.

300mm is not often long enough for me using m4/3 cameras and I'm thinking of selling everything off as it's just too limiting not having the ability to shoot longer distances as other shooters can.

I'm curious, where would you go to get something significantly longer than 300mm/600mm lens? I have a feeling you wouldn't be satisfied with mirror lesses. 800mm lenses from Canon and Nikon run $13,000-$18,000 dollars. Sigma has an 'affordable' option at $7000 and nearly 11 pounds. A 600mm lens on APS-C would get you far enough to actually see a difference, but still a very pricy option.

Maybe one of these cheap super zoom bodies? 40x+?

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow