Prepare yourselves for a new landscape

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Peter63
Regular MemberPosts: 149Gear list
Like?
Re: Prepare yourselves for a new landscape
In reply to meland, 5 months ago

I am with the group that thinks this is a non issue. It sounds like you are saying that due to improvements in technology, that the masses will be content with crappy pictures. I think it has gone and will continue to go the opposite way. I have the EOS M with the 22 prime and the SL1 with the 40 prime, both can be worn on a hip and give IQ that is as good or better than most 15 year old cameras. Many will start with a cell camera and the discover that for little extra money and size that they can take high quality photos. Prices will continue to fall and the (mid range)market will continue to grow. Mid range products will likely provide better IQ than today's pro level gear. I don't care if the lens is built into my contact lens and I have to blink my left eye twice to trip the shutter and then pull my ear to send it to all of my friends. If the IQ is there, I will be happy with it.

Look at car tech, improvements in efficiency don't go into higher mpg for the most part. Cars may be smaller than they were but they are faster, handle better, are safer, are filled with gadgets, and cost less based on inflation than ever before. You see ads for stripped models in the paper but most people drive off the lot with a loaded luxury car compared to what they owned 10 years ago. As the tech develops, the market will grow to expect higher and higher quality alongside the reduction in size. I don't know anyone who will be unhappy with that.

Peter63's gear list:Peter63's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow