...put your money where your mouth is

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Red G8R
Senior MemberPosts: 1,624Gear list
Like?
Re: ...put your money where your mouth is
In reply to PixelMover, 8 months ago

PixelMover wrote:

...if all these backseat 'camera designers' and 'managers' would actually put their money where their mouth is...

Why don't you start your own DSLR camera company.
You all seem to know exactly what 'we' want.
You know so much better than Nikon.
You all think you can make a better, smaller, faster Df for a grand less at half the weight, 2 card slots and still make a profit.

You know all the lenses we want and you know how much cheaper they should be.
Can't wait! Bring. It. On.

DO IT. Kickstart it. Ask Dragon's Den. Get a sugardaddy. Go and show us how brilliant you are and how stupid Nikon is. Aptina will happily sell you sensors if you buy enough.

I dare you to even design one on paper that actually works and fits all the electronics in a smaller body that is still simple enough to produce/assemble and still sturdy and durable.

How about you gut your D600 and try to squeeze all of that into a Nikon FM, since that is what you all seem to think Nikon should've done. Have a go. It'll be fun.

Do you guys REALLY think Nikon didn't consider ALL those things you are crying, cursing and moaning about? If it's not there, it is not there for a very good reason.

But if you are so convinced you can do better, let me get you started by suggesting some brand names:

Nican

Cakon

Leinon

Sonasonic

Olyny (my favourite)

Go on then.... off you go. Make history instead of hysteria.

-- hide signature --

Take pictures like Jiro makes Sushi.

Please send this to Thom H.

-- hide signature --

Peter
Ontario, Canada

Red G8R's gear list:Red G8R's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow