Permit needed for personal photos on location?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bokehmon Trainer
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Permit needed for personal photos on location?
10 months ago

I live in Tampa and there are several locations in the city I would like to take portraits of my brother and I on location. I would like to put the prints on canvas and give to my parents for Christmas and will not be receiving monetary compensation.

I saw on the Tampa website:

How does my production company get a film permit in Tampa?
Whether you're planning to produce a music video, feature film, have a student project to complete, or are simply planning a still photography shoot on city property you will need to obtain a Film Permit from the Tampa Bay Film Commission. For filming/photography in public parks, you will need to contact the Office of Special Events Office (813) 274-7723 to receive permission prior to contacting the Tampa Bay Film Commission.

The permit states

This application and your certificate of insurance (if applicable) must be received in our office before filming can begin. Please have yourpermit available at all times while on location.

I think the office may be closed for tomorrow's holiday.  I am only in town for tomorrow and will go back to Gainesville until Thanksgiving break.  Am I allowed to take my umbrellas and take portraits of us in Tampa without a permit if it is for personal use?

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow