Veteran MemberPosts: 6,791Gear list
Like?
Re: New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000
In reply to Clayton1985, 8 months ago

Clayton1985 wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

I can't insert the link here, but if you go to SAR and look at the comments under the latest A3000 article you will see the following:

@admin “I am pretty sure more of this kind of DSLR shaped E-mount cameras will come in 2014″ form Infos from your sources or it is a “felling”?

Reply (from admin): sources

Do you love Sony enough to suffer lugging around an A3000 type monster around as your next camera?

and I'd probably use it alongside my new APS-C rangefinder shaped camera that Sony releases next year.

I hope you are right, but I'm about 70% certain now that you aren't

It seems to me that there are people who would want an SLR-styled Nex. But, because you are worried that Sony will never, ever make a smaller style, you're going to continually campaign against the new cameras. Why don't you want people to have these new styles?

Don't you think you are being a bit silly telling Sony how happy you are with everything currently, if you want to see rangefinder bodies released in the future?

They just released the 5T. Maybe he's happy with the 5 series as a rangefinder style.

A new team has taken over the camera division, we've seen an interview recently with one of their leading stars who made a point of saying that he was 'all about change' and clearly is not somebody to continue with the last manager's ideas. This isn't paranoia, it's the real situation

The interview seemed to be a lot of hot air.

Sony has constantly changed. The Nex itself was a daring departure from the status quo.

The only chance you have is to kick-up some kind of stink on the user forums otherwise these guys are just going to quote 'Amazon pre-order stats' to their senior bosses, get promotions and move-on elsewhere leaving you stuck with the product strategy they have put in place

If you find yourself stuck with an E-mount product range next year which is:

- A3000

- A5000 (similar body to A3000 but improved specs)

- A7

- A7r

- A9 ('Pro level' FE body, bigger than A7 with extra, new technology)

- All NEX bodies discontinued

Then you will only have yourself to blame

Then we don't have to buy these cameras. We'll only have Sony to blame.

If they aren't smart enough to see the need to keep rangefinder style APS-C cameras without our help then Sony is really in trouble (but there is about zero chance of that happening).

It seems unrealistic to me for them to abandon a segment completely.  Hopefully my Nex cameras will do for a while and I won't have to worry about it.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow