"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daniel from Bavaria
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
Horses for courses ...
In reply to bigpigbig, Nov 11, 2013

Hi,

not a bad write up, I like the irony in some of the statements.

Nevertheless, the right tool for the right task.

I am also one of the guys who is really enjoying to use the XP1 with several lenses, but still keeping my Canon gear. I've sold my Zeiss 21mm and 35mm lenses in favor of the 14mm and now finally after long waiting the 23mm lens.

So I have the 14, 23, 35, 60mm and the 18-55mm lenses. What is more than I initially planned. Nevertheless, I enjoy each of these lenses.

What I for example will not sell in favor of Fuji is my 1.2 50, as it is just GREAT piece of glas - optically as also literally.

Besides I am still enjoying to use my 5dmkIII with nice lenses, but not for everything and of course this kind of equipment is more bothersome to carry around.

What I have to admit, and some here may not like it. The image quality of the Fuji is just great -no question. But when it comes to best possible image quality (with my gear) the Canon FF-Sensor with the best L-glas is still a small step ahead - but sometimes I have the feeling that this mostly has something to do with the much better raw-support of the Canon-Sensor. Clearly I am splitting hairs here, as the image quality given by Fuji more than enough for all of my needs. When I take the Canon, I am doing it for other reasons that IQ.

To make it short: I am an absolute believer in the X-System and I can imagine that someday in the future it may substitute my Canon gear - but not now. I still enjoy both systems and not too seldom I have great need of the really unbelievable AF-Performance of my 5dmkIII.

On the other hand, I know that I did many of these photos in the past with way inferior AF-Systems, with pre-focusing etc. pp. But to have a system like in the mkIII it is easier and more convenient.

Also sometimes I think it is ridiculous to have two such expensive systems side by side, one always staying at home ... but luckily I am not in the situation to be forced to turn the last dime.

For me it is just fabulous that Fuji managed it to bring out so many great lenses in such a short time - that shows me clearly that they are committed and I really hope that stays so.

Regards,

Daniel

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow