Re: You mean, "No comprendo".
In reply to Great Bustard, 5 months ago

Great Bustard wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Perhaps that realization is leading you to your usual run about. This was the question you didn't answer:

Put 200/2.8 on a FF camera, take note of your exposure variables. Turn crop mode on (I understand Canon can't do it, but Sony and Nikon allow it). Do you expect exposure values to be off by a stop?

The answer I gave before was...

Useless...

...to people who lack the ability and/or are unwilling, to understand.

Straw man arguments come from those who have reached the end of line. So please try to turn around and get on the right track.

Your lack of cognitive capacity does not make the facts a strawman argument.

Feeling cornered, again?

...and nothing to do with the question.

If that were so, then we'd be left with one of two situations:

• The question is meaningless in terms of the visual properties of the photo.
  • The question ignores the context of what role the exposure plays in the visual properties of the photo.

The question is a question. Now, that it doesn't help your propaganda makes you go in circles and such inane arguments remain your signature.

Either you lack the cognitive capacity to understand that the same exposure has a different effect on different formats, or you are being intentionally disingenuous.

Same exposure? I guess we're getting something from you... sort of.

Have you see these kind of numbers before?

ISO 125, f/4, 1/800s (and yes, I picked these from one of the images in your gallery).

I must have been using Auto ISO or used ISO 125 by mistake, as I never intentionally shoot intermediate ISO settings.

It doesn't matter whether you had Auto ISO or not. That is irrelevant.

Just saying I never intentionally use ISO 125. But, true, irrelevant to the question you asked, but I did answer it, and answer it directly.

Then stay relevant.

So, what are these numbers? Looking for your awareness.

Well, ISO 125 means that the brightness of the captured photo is amplified by 1/3 of a stop. f/4 means that the diameter of the lens aperture was 1/4 the focal length of the lens. 1/800 means the sensor was exposed to the light for 1/800 of a second.

What do you think the numbers mean?

Exposure values. Now, tell me, how would sensor size change any of these.

Again, your lack of cognitive capacity and/or disingenuous motives shine through. No one said that the sensor size changes the exposure.

Good. So, why do these self professed experts on the subject keep hammering the opposite? In other words, you agree, that if you have f/4 in aperture priority, you would expect 1/800s, regardless of the sensor, right?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow