Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: To watermark or not to watermark?
In reply to Toccata47, 8 months ago

Toccata47 wrote:

Clueless Wanderer wrote:

I don't want to water mark them with a faint diagonal cross and ©(my name) in the center a'la stock library's as I feel it devalues the viewing experience, but I'm thinking that I may have to.

What are your thoughts?

Took a look at your site and found the images way to small as is. Frankly, I wouldn't consider any for purchase simply because they are too small to get more than an impression, perhaps at 1/20 asking price including shipping if they were framed and mounted. Adding a watermark or further diminishing the images seems counterproductive. Go for full screen with a watermark if you must. I will say that watermarks are far from foolproof. But then again, so is building a business around selling stock online.

1/20 asking price??  so your saying I should be selling 20x30 inch prints on 24x32 paper for $15nzd  (less than $13usd) including shipping?  Sorry if I don't take your comments seriously.. 
Regarding your comments about building a business around stock... Er you do know that I am only selling prints, not stock? The reference to stock was in the form of the type of water marking I would be doing, if I indeed did water mark.

-- hide signature --
 Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow