Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 3,628Gear list
Like?
Re: How good is 24meg realy ?
In reply to awaldram, Nov 11, 2013

awaldram wrote:

Donald B wrote:

As every one knows I shoot with a k7 as well as some compacts, most of the test shots we see are of contrasty well difined detail subjects, the reason I havnt upgraded is due to the great rendering of skin tones that the k7 produces, I shot a dance school this weekend using the 7100 and k7 using both jpeg and flash wb on both cameras, the d7100 did a great job overall but I have to wonder is 24 meg to much or was the 7100 designed for detail rather than texture detail the photos looked fabulous but people are buying these cameras to do large crops ?.

these are %300 crops

cheers don

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

Three issues here

1 both crops are the same size yet 1 camera should produce 1:1 crops nearly twice the size of the other (14mp Vs 24) so at a guess you have reduce the 7100 by 2X then expanded by 3x and are surprised it fell apart ??

2 300% crop! so 200% of these image are interpolated pixels not produced by the camera !

So any results are more todo with the PC than camera

3 left hand image d file naming infers its a Sony !!!

sorry Andrew but nothing beats real world photos, don't care how much logic is applied. im going to reduce my k7 shots down to 2meg for printing and wont loose any detail even printing a 3 foot poster. I will post some full size files soon. oh I forgot to mention my k7 was not shot at full quality neither ?

cheers don

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow