Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to ron purdy, Nov 11, 2013

ron purdy wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I don't see 'ugly' noises from my 5DIII files. Right exposure is the key that I expose on mid-tone or many times even a bit of overexposure (so-called ETTR). You can call biased but I prefer Canon colors and skin tone from what I have seen. You can see many my 5D3 files in the links below. It also depends on what lenses you use.

I am sure I will keep both for a while, but as it stands, regardless of the lens, the Nikon yields the better file. (sharpness, colors, detail, D.R., and metering in my experience)

Again depends on what lenses.  With respective 50/1.8, I guess D610 is sharper but certainly not with respective 24-70/2.8 zoom if you check DXO.  As colors it's subjective.  I prefer Canon colors and skin tone in general.  As DR, yes D610 wins easily if you need to push up a severely-underexposed photo but not much difference if you expose on middle or even a bit of over-exposed (the method I prefer) by judging histogram.

If all goes well I will probably be purchasing a D800 as well.

The one things that holds me back is that over the years (I have probably purchased 20 5D, and 1Ds cameras over the years for my various studios) and Canon cameras have been VERY reliable. And the Canon service has also been great. Nikon on the other hand is known for annoying service.

Good luck for you.  I respect your personal opinion.  But I don't have problems in my 5D3 files as you experienced.  I have tons of files for you to judge in my links.

-- hide signature --

ron purdy dot com

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow