The K-3 Gets A Juvenile Red Tailed Hawk (9 photos)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,244
Like?
The K-3 Gets A Juvenile Red Tailed Hawk (9 photos)
8 months ago

So just after sunrise on a dark overcast morning I took the K-3 and 500mm F4.5 out... its a shame to keep the ISO down i needed to keep the shutter very low and ruined a number of images. Also this is the first outing of this type of the season so in getting excited to get a shot of something one forgets to give time for the SR to spool up. I was on deer settings when this hawk arrived, motion blur was my biggest enemy but i still managed a few keepers even the odd one that isn't perfect but still looks nice. The juvenile was practicing its hunting skills, not actually hunting but maneuvers and diving for prey, there was food around but it didn't appear hungry, just out sharpening its skills.

Not perfect but also not cropped

Cropped

not cropped

cropped

cropped

2400x1600 crop and like many the shadows needed to be recovered so they might appear noisy

cropped

cropped

cropped

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow