20MP vs. 20MP - comparing my 6D vs. 70D:

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,951Gear list
Like?
Re: 20MP vs. 20MP - comparing my 6D vs. 70D:
In reply to Caerolle, 11 months ago

Caerolle wrote:

My comparison was on-screen only, and yes, I did look at them at 100% (blushes). However, the 6D pics looked better even not zoomed. They actually looked smoother and less digital. Really, really beautiful. Print might smooth images from both cameras such that they look the same.

As many others have posted in this thread, it was not the resolution that was better, it was the noise and smoothness of the image. In fact (also as pointed out), the detail was sharper from my Fuji.

I am sure that your D800 would out-resolve the 6D, but I am not as sure the pics would have the same look I saw.

Of course, it may just all be in my head, what I see isn't really something I can quantify. However, I was ready to not be impressed with the 6D results. SLRs and I don't mix well, I usually see smearing unless I use live view (I think I must shake the camera when the mirror flips, and that may be why the resolution wasn't that impressive), so I was ready not be impressed, but instead went OH.MYGOD!

Hope this helps!

That's what I wondered.  As I used to see no noise in my 7D prints at even 20x30, I don't think noise is really an issue between cameras in output.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow