D610 vs. 5D Mark III

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to ron purdy, Nov 10, 2013

If D610 has the same sensor of D600 minus oil leaking (that is from shutter box from what I read)? If yes, then from tons of comparison we have seen so far between D600 and 5DIII, D600 IQ is not much better. I don't see 'ugly' noises from my 5DIII files. Right exposure is the key that I expose on mid-tone or many times even a bit of overexposure (so-called ETTR). You can call biased but I prefer Canon colors and skin tone from what I have seen. You can see many my 5D3 files in the links below. It also depends on what lenses you use. I use some best lenses in industry such as 24-70L II and 70-200L II that both are better than Nikon's counterparts, and actually 5DIII with these two f/2.8 zoom is sharper than D600 (D610 should the same) with respective lenses, as confirmed in DXO system test. 5DIII otherwise shoot a bit faster with noticeably deeper buffer depth and clean buffer much faster (with 1000X CF card) that is critical in sports, wildlife, airshow/motorsport etc action photos. Its build quality and gripping are (much) better than D610/D600 as said by many. By this sense, D610/D600 is not at the same level of 5DIII.

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow