Nikon DF, Why is the price so high?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626Gear list
Like?
I hope it is the build quality!
In reply to jY h, 9 months ago

I hope the production models fulfill the promise of the images and videos I have seen. I have handled D800 and D600 cameras, and been rather disappointed, compared to the D300/D700-series and F6. The little Coolpix A seems to have been a step in the right direction, as its build quality is quite pleasing, to me. "Made in Japan" is probably part of that.

What I really wanted was a D4 sensor in a body sized more like the D800. It seems the Df is the best hope of fulfilling that wish. Whether it displaces a D800E as the top Nikon DSLR on my wish list remains to be seen; I await reviews, and the opportunity to handle one, as ergonomics cannot be judged by looking at images. Plus, that price point probably means a mid-2014 purchase, at the soonest, anyway.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow