Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,898Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless vs DSLR
In reply to TacticDesigns, 11 months ago

TacticDesigns wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Most if not all of that article is pretty old hat..

A Canon EOS M with 22mm lens would do me for general snaps. I only wish there was a Nikon equivalent. I think this could satisfy the needs of most people, with a zoom or two. It might not satisfy their desires though.

For hobby photography I still want a DSLR.

-- hide signature --

+1

I only skimmed through the article . . . kinda tired of all this mirrorless vs dSLR . . . why can't they co-exist? For me right now . . . because of the autofocus speed and tracking capability . . . I want to have a dSLR. I've got a mirrorless as well . . . but often it cannot keep up with what I want to capture . . . so I like having the option to grab more power when I need it . . .

Sure . . . when they solve the speed issue without the mirror I'll take one! <grin>

And then we'll all be arguing about getting rid of the physical shutter. [hopefully] <grin>

Anyway . . .

He goes on to list a whole bunch of options . . . but doesn't list a Canon EOS M type Nikon camera. Sorta like a Nikon 1 with bigger sensor. The Nikon 1 series is smaller(ish), shorter flange distance, has on-sensor phase detection, and adapter to use DX or FX lenses . . . Make one that has a DX or FX size sensor . . . that is an option as well . . .

Why not? That's a solid platform and for all the naysaying about that system, I think it's pretty stellar.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow