Why no m4/3 tele converters like Nikon/Canon others?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ApertureAcolyte
Contributing MemberPosts: 870Gear list
Like?
Re: Why no m4/3 tele converters like Nikon/Canon others?
In reply to SteveNunez, 9 months ago

SteveNunez wrote:

Is there a technical reason why there are no tele converters for m4/3 shooters?

The longest lens we have with AF is 300mm which equates to 600mm or so, limiting our ability to shoot long distances. Everything from sports to wildlife is hampered on the m4/3 platform due to this equipment omission.

I'd like a 1.4x and 2x TC just as the other shooters have available, despite the probable slight loss of light.

300mm is not often long enough for me using m4/3 cameras and I'm thinking of selling everything off as it's just too limiting not having the ability to shoot longer distances as other shooters can.

-- hide signature --

Also, why hasn't anyone made a lens with AF that surpasses 300mm......I'd love a 50-500 lens as Sigma produces but native to m4/3.

I think if the m4/3 consortium wishes serious photogs to consider migrating over to the m4/3 platform we need to have everything at our disposal as traditional photographers have currently.

(I know some professionals have made the switch to m4/3 and I applaud their efforts, but sporters and naturalists need longer glass!)

--

Steve Nunez~South Florida Artist
www.stevenunez.com
Oly EM5-OMD, Panasonic GH-3, G2, GF3, G5
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

EM1

ApertureAcolyte's gear list:ApertureAcolyte's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow