"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,912Gear list
Like?
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"
In reply to bigpigbig, 9 months ago
Unless you are strapped for cash and REALLY can only afford to keep one system, why would you give up all the opportunities lost by shooting a mirrorless camera only?

Simple: Because some people feel more constrained by several systems than they would benefit by the expanded possibilities.

There is a not very new observation that says that limitation does unleash creativity (more than any additional "features"). I am not a working pro (like most here) but I have certainly experienced this many times.

Plus: Not to forget my main argument for the Fujis: Colour. I tried virtually every converter and custom profiles with my Canons, Nikons, it brought them not on the same level as a Fuji gets easily. For me colour tends to be more important than detail and other technical stuff.

I do not want several systems anymore which is why I am about to sell everything but the stuff that brings too little money (like my old S3pro) and just build my X system.

Bernie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow