"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,924Gear list
Like?
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"
In reply to bigpigbig, 10 months ago
Unless you are strapped for cash and REALLY can only afford to keep one system, why would you give up all the opportunities lost by shooting a mirrorless camera only?

Simple: Because some people feel more constrained by several systems than they would benefit by the expanded possibilities.

There is a not very new observation that says that limitation does unleash creativity (more than any additional "features"). I am not a working pro (like most here) but I have certainly experienced this many times.

Plus: Not to forget my main argument for the Fujis: Colour. I tried virtually every converter and custom profiles with my Canons, Nikons, it brought them not on the same level as a Fuji gets easily. For me colour tends to be more important than detail and other technical stuff.

I do not want several systems anymore which is why I am about to sell everything but the stuff that brings too little money (like my old S3pro) and just build my X system.

Bernie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow