20MP vs. 20MP - comparing my 6D vs. 70D:

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,756Gear list
Like?
Re: 20MP vs. 20MP - comparing my 6D vs. 70D:
In reply to Caerolle, 10 months ago

Caerolle wrote:

Funny, I went and tried out a 6D today. I shot a few pics with it, and the same with my Fuji X-E1. I have done this kind of comparison in the past with a D7000, and really, liked the pics from my Fuji as well, and loved shooting it much more (I find dSLRs kind of sterile to shoot). Of course, these both have crop sensors. I had thought of adding a D7000 for the quick focus, but decided not to after that.

Lately I have been shooting more people, and have gotten pretty annoyed with the slower, less reliable focus on the X-E1. And, since I prefer primes, and the good ones are all full frame, I thought, why not try a full frame camera? OMIGOD! Looking at the images tonight, the 6D just blew my Fuji away. I have been reading all the stuff lately about how you can't tell the difference between crop and full frame, but the 6D pics certainly looked pretty awesome!

When you compared side by side, was it on print, or at 100% screen view?  The reason I ask is because comparing a landscape shot on my D800 vs my X-Pro1, in a 16x24 print, there really was no difference.  Neither had any noise, both were sharp.  I don't own the 70D nor 6D so I cannot comment really on that....but I dont imagine the 6D offered more rez than my old D800.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow