"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"
In reply to bigpigbig, 8 months ago

bigpigbig wrote:

Would anyone care to address how they would deal with the 5 situations I listed? Does

anyone shoot action in dark places?

Does anyone shoot in bad weather?

Does anyone shoot tethered?

Does anyone use flash systems?

Does anyone find they'd like a bit more reach by cropping?

Does anyone ever get chased by bears?

I think your premise here is a bit flawed. You are essentially asking if a Fuji can competently handle the above, to determine if a Canikon is still needed.

I think the conditions are personal, those are your conditions/criteria for shooting. The better question is for each person to understand their needs and wants, then determine what system best fits. For those of us that sold off their DSLR's (often over time due to total lack of use after the Fuji experience) and did not look back, our needs were met, often with joy. Many Fuji new fuji users have stated how photography became fun again! So aside from an analytical criteria, it is the subjective experience, size, weight, fun, that are subjective. And let's face it, photography is art and art is subjective.

If I shot in bad weather, needed to track fast moving subjects, liked to carry something that commanded respect, could objectively justify the need for more pixels.... I would not be reading this thread since I would not be a Fuji user. I prefer one system

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow