"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,241Gear list
Like?
Why?
In reply to bigpigbig, Nov 10, 2013

Why? Because many of us looked at what we use our gear for, and realize that the Fuji X system more than meets those needs. For me, I got rid of my D700 and D800. I still have my D2x....but it doesn't often see the light of day. What did I gain from switching to Fuji? Well, the files straight out of the Fuji are for the most part perfect. For me photographing a wedding, engagement session, portrait session, etc.....it meant far, far less time in post when compared to Canon and Nikon. And the color was better virtually better all the time.

Resolution? For what I do, the 16mp is more than enough. If I'm planning on large landscape work, I'll either stitch the Fuji files, or more often just use my 4x5 gear for film or now wet plate.

it is all about understanding what your real needs are as opposed to always having to have the best....when the best doesn't change your work in the least.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow